Wednesday 21 May 2008

Wednesday 21st May Day 105

Thank you everyone for your comments and support! Niamh has inspired me again, so here I am pumping! I have to admit to milk envy today, I opened the fridge at the hospital to put my milk in and there were six FULL pots from one lucky mum! I never want to hear anyone moan about oversupply ever again, it sucks seeing so much milk, it seems really unfair! Anyway, Im over it and soldiering on :) Niamh is amazing!!

She is OFF oxygen!!! Can you believe it? It's like she has always known what is required from her and just does it. She was being monitered for her oxygen saturation levels whilst feeding and didnt skip a beat, she had a good breast feed and I topped her up with 50mls of EBM which she took really well, she even left a little bit so I must have guessed her intake pretty well, she is on 75mls at the moment. The next feed she should have a bottle instead of a gavage which if she does well would be 6/6 suck feeds a day, maybe another tube we can lose now? Niamh will keep the oxygen tubes taped to her for 24 hours just in case and then they should be removed tomorrow morning hopefully!! I cant believe it, just as I was preparing myself to take her home on oxygen!

Niamh Annabelle=Super Star :) x

Anthony and I were up late last night making little thank you cards for the NICU staff, we wanted to do something personal so hopefully we have enough for each of them!


Ive also ordered a huge cake for them all, that always hits the spot lol! There is so much to do in prep for Niamh coming home, Im just washing all the sheets, clothes and the baby bjorn, then theres the ironing! Im panicking I dont have enough food as I dont want to go shopping next week at all, there seems so much to do, aarrgh! We are also having the heating installed tomorrow which will take all day.

Did I mention that I may have a stomach ulcer? Ive got tablets to see if they help and had bloods taken. I get the results next week.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just got back from seeing Niamh, they have taken all her tubes off including the nasal gastric which means she is now on all suck feeds! I cant believe it, we have a 'real' baby with no wires attached. I wasnt expecting to see no tubes tonight as they said 24 hours but she was doing so well ;) Here are a couple of pics of her cute little face :) xx

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Go Niamh. What a star.

Glad you are feeling a bit better today.

Not long now...

Caroline EB

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you sounding so much brighter today. You and Niamh are BOTH superstars!

Jo (EB)

Anonymous said...

2 words - online shopping!!! don't stress about those sort of things, the main thing is be at home with your kidlets and hubby and Tony can always run to the shop. Knowing you, the freezer is stocked with meals anyway :-)

awesome news about the oxygen. Can't wait to celebrate Niamh's 18th and remind her of the heartstopping beginning she sent us all on! Keep on powering on, thinking of you as you get closer to her homecoming. Hopefully life will calm down a bit for you all
:-)

Siobhan Royle said...

Tan, I had to chuckle, yes, the freezer IS full rofl!! Ive been cooking for a month lol! And with regards to online shopping, I have one word for you: Adelaide lol. Coles dont do it here yet! There is a local one, might give it a go, but like you say,Anthony can pop out too ;)

Anonymous said...

So glad to see your spirits a little higher!! You are all superstars!!!

Cant wait to see some pics of her at home!!

jobear86 (EB)

Carolyn said...

woohoo- buby girl is off oxygen!

just a tip for the nappy rash- the oxygen on her tiny bottom, or a cool hairdryer.

Anonymous said...

Hey Siobhan,

I've been without internet for a few weeks now so haven't been able to catch up on any of your news.

Have to say, I was crying when you said your little princess will be home soon!! How exciting!!

She has definitely grown since I last saw photos of her.

You must be so proud of her Siobhan! You too, have done an amazing job!!

Anonymous said...

Gosh, Niamh truly never ceases to amaze me. She truly is a special little miracle! I think she is destined for big things!

You guys are so close now, so so close. Enjoy those first days at home together. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Sam xxxx (YosemiteSam)

Anonymous said...

'Niamh Annabelle=Super Star :) x'

Ha! And what about her Mummy?
Well done to you both, you have both gone through an awesome journey!

She never fails to suprise though does she! I can't wait to see how her little personality unfurls, that is if her Mummy keeps up her Blog! ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh look at her. Congratulations..

Caroline EB

muser said...

I am a little teary for you all. Great job on the card!

Happy news.

Anonymous said...

Very emotional about Niamh coming home, and also no tubes!!

You are doing so very very well. Just keep that horrible "guilt fairy" at bay and you will be fine =)

Michelle xx

Anonymous said...

Oooooh yay Niamh!!! Awesome news Bon :)

lolliegirl said...

I have happy tears here!! I'm so happy for you all.. Well done Niamh!! And WELL DONE BINNIE!!! I can't wait to give you and Niamh a HUGE hug!!!

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Anonymous said...

YAY! That's fantastic!