Saturday 3 May 2008

Saturday 3rd May


Niamh has been moved into a side room. She was good overnight and woofed down her bottle feed as usual! She is such a good girl, can't wait to see her. I knew that this would be the hardest part and wasn't wrong. Now we can pick her up at will and dont need to keep asking permision its much harder to leave her.

Forgot to mention that my milk supply seems to be increasing slightly now that I am feeding her. Its only once a day but has made a small difference which is great! Now I'm starting to see the reward for all the stress and hard work it's been.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just did some more research on ROP. This web page is brilliant and explains it really well. The diagram at the bottom is exactly what Niamh has on her chart. She has Stage 1 Zone 3 which is the best case scenario for having it. Next week we will see if its progressed. The problem in more pronounced in her left eye.

http://www.tsbvi.edu/Outreach/seehear/winter98/rop.htm
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Updated 9pm
Niamh is in a side room now. It gives us privacy which is great. We spent most of the visit with the lights off to give her a break. She was too tired for a feed which was a shame so we gave her a gavage feed instead. I just phoned up for an update ( Which always feels like getting blood out of a stone) and she is asleep, thankfully with the lights off and bottled well at 8pm.

Back in tomorrow for her 11am feed.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Bon, I am so sorry that burse has made you upset :( I agree with everything Leoni said, 100%.

As for Niamh's eye, just take it all one step at a time (yes, there is that phrase again..) It could be worse, but it isn't, so just wait and see what happens. She is a strong little thing so I am sure she will make sure any problems are minimal. Oh and LOVE the pram!!! I think I might send your gift soon...!!

Anonymous said...

just realised I wrote burse instead of burse! DOH!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodess!!

i did it again!


NURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NNNNNNNURSE.........

Siobhan Royle said...

Lol Mish! Thanks for the laugh :) xx

Anonymous said...

3 weeks. Wow sooo close yet I can imagine it must feel painfully slow especially now that she's more alert and you're more aware of her comfort levels. I can understand why it feels horrible to leave her there.

I am so excited and nervous and happy and thrilled for you all at once! It's so exciting to hear about your plans for bringing her home.

And yay to your milk supply. That is some huge effort you've put in to maintain it. Amazing!!

Now as for the burse ;-)

Leoni said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Siobhan Royle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.