Wednesday 7 May 2008

Tuesday 6th May Day 90!!!


Just got back from a night out with lovely, fellow premmie mums ;) So nice to go out with the girls and have a good laugh.

Niamh was so cute today (She always is though lol) She didnt feed well again which was a shame, but despite seeming to be so awake she was zonked after 5 minutes. There is no waking that girl once she is asleep! We tried a bottle but again just a few sucks before we gavaged her. Had to try though. I then gave her a bath which she loved and made her nice and comfy before I had to head off again.

By the time I did some shopping, got home, had lunch and expressed again, it was almost time to pick up Bailey from Childcare. The days fly by so fast, theres never enough time to do everything.

Its funny how you get through this experience, it feels like such a long time now. I almost don't remember when I didn't have to go to the hospital every day. Ive found I have to numb my mind to it all. If I dont think about it, it doesnt exist. The transistion to SCBU2 has been hard and not as great as I had hoped, but at the end of the day it is one step closer for Niamh to come home. In the scale of things its so trivial. I just can't wait to bring her home. I don't have the energy to battle anymore, I just want peace and quiet and for her to get well enough to leave.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Day 90 - that is phenomenal! no wonder you are tired - that's a lot of hospital visits! Love the photo with the red in the background, looks really lovely around her. Maybe it will be her colour! Hang in there mate, you are on the home stretch!!!