Sunday 25 May 2008

Sunday 24th May Day 1 at Home!



We had a great night, Niamh is still feeding four hourly although when she woke up at 3.30am she had a breastfeed and then a bottle feed which took ages! I think the teat we have isnt fast flow enough as she was obviously still hungry when I put her down but it was taking a long time for the milk to go down. All credit though, she took a blooming long time, but was still sucking away! A friend has dropped some faster flow teats around now though so the next feed should be better. This mornings feed was fine though and she is fast asleep next to me now and very content. I love having this bassinette on wheels, she comes all round the house with us and we can keep a close eye on her when Bailey is around too.

Bailey has been great with her but is quite enthusiastic about standing on a chair to peer in at her! We are keeping a careful eye on him without telling him too much to keep away from her, its a fine balance between involving him and keeping jealousy at bay and him squashing her lol! I think he has been overwhelmed with everything the last week or so, he was very teary today and upset. He was also quite hot so I gave him some panadol and put him in bed. He fell fast asleep with no protest so I hope he feels better when he wakes up.
We are going to go for a walk later and take him to a local, quiet, playground. Niamh has never been in fresh air before apart from leaving the car to the front door yesterday!

I cant believe how the coccoon on the pram swallows her up! She is so tiny :) I also have not got the hang of her girly bits and how she can subtley wee everywhere without me even realising lol! Ive had to change numerous outfits and change mat covers as I wasnt quick enough with the nappy! Little monkey x

She is so quiet and content, when she is hungry she will let us know, but she is still so sleepy at this stage. Im sure she will get more demanding as she gets older, but Im enjoying this right now :)

Thank you for all the comments you have left!! I couldnt believe there were 18 this morning!! Zoe, thank you for your comment, you made me cry!! Its been really lovely meeting you and you are a fantastic nurse, Niamh enjoyed having you look after her, thank you for everything :) All the best for a long, happy career.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous little smile Niamh has! Glad to see things are going well xoxox

Saskia said...

Bonnie bonnie bonnie!

I can't believe it, you guys DID IT!

She is home.

*sigh*

Gosh, what a long road its been. It has been an absolute pleasure coming in here every day to read about her. In the early days, I was so scared to read what was in the blog. I was scared of what you were facing and that 'we' would never get to this momentus occaision!

BUT YOU DID IT!

I am so utterly thrilled for you. My joy is overwhelming.

Congratulations on doing such a great job, you stuck it out so well, through all those highs and lows.

You are a real credit to your family.

Congratulations.

Sas xx

Siobhan Royle said...

I love you girls xx

Anonymous said...

YAY!! I am so happy for you guys, and LOVE LOVE LOVE the coming home pictures :D

Good on you all and what a gorgeous, strong and courageous family you all are!!

She is just so beautiful and looks so healthy and comfortable with no oxygen tube or feeding tube in!!

Can only imagine how happy you all are!!

Enjoy yourselves now!

:)
jobear86 (EB)
xxx

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! Niamah is home...YAY!!!
Party in Niamh's cot......lol

I have been checking in on this blog everyday since you started it...

I belive life throws this curves balls in our life to see how we go....and well you have shown how strong you are and how strong little princess niamh is she is going to have a amazing life and a amazing story to tell....

I'm so happy for you to have her home, where she belongs........
Little niamh has lefted her foot print on my heart and I will never forget her.. I thank you for sharing this journey with us...

She sure is a cutie....

Anna

Nae said...

She is such a gorgeous little girl!! She looks so happy and content now she is finally home, as do mummy and daddy!

Congrats again, it's been such an inspiration to read your triumphs!

I must admitt I am going to miss reading this blog daily!

Anonymous said...

She looks so content to be at home. I am sure you guys are a bit more contented to have your family altogether as well :-)

Anonymous said...

Ahh Siobhan, I am so happy for you guys - I can't seem to stop crying! I have been waiting for a quiet moment to find out how it's going and it sounds fabulous. Bailey's love and affection for Niamh is so beautiful. I only dream that Freya might react like that if she were ever to have a new sibling! Well done to you all. Niamh is a gift not just to you guys, but for all of us. She is an absolute miracle and a beautiful one at that!

Love, Tamsin

~Shibley~ said...

Welcome home Niamh!!

Love the photos of your amazing little girl at home Bon :) I am so happy for you all that you are now all under the one roof, just where you all belong.

Love to you all xx

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, I dont think I have ever been so happy for complete strangers before, the tears have started!:)

I've been reading Niamhs blog since I first saw her birth story on EB all those long weeks ago - she is one very special little girl, and you Siobhan are an inspiration! I'm so happy for you and your family.

All the best for your future as a family of four:)

P.S Love Niamhs name, I've got a Niamh too!

Kristie x (Kristabelle01 EB)

Anonymous said...

Oh, congratulations to you all for making it home together as a family.

I too never thought I could be so overwhelmingly ecstatic for strangers. But wow, I am!!

I hope you keep this blog going for many years to come (though you can slack of a little now she will be keeping you busy;) ).

All my love to you and yours,
Sam xxxx (YosemiteSam)

Anonymous said...

WELCOME HOME NIAMH!!!

I came across your story on EB and have been following it since Niamh was only a few days old. What an incredible journey you have been on. Thank you for sharing it with us. I almost feel like I know you, even though we are total strangers.

My warmest congratulations and best wishes to you all. I am so thrilled for you. She is absolutely gorgeous.

Love Rose (from Melbourne)
xxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Royle Family!

Life is as it should be for you all. I wish you nothing but happiness and fun times ahead. I have a feeling that Niamh is going to be one cheeky little girl - I can see it in her smile!

It has been a privilege to follow your incredible story - thank you!

All the very best always,
Jo (EB member)

Tharyn said...

I'm so happy to see that you guys are home and that Niamh has settled in..

Looking at the current photos you would never guess that anything was ever wrong with her...

I'm sure your strength has a lot to do with how determined she was to make it home...

Congrats...


--Tharyn

from the brain of jane said...

It certainly has been a long road. Again, congratulations. She is beautiful.

Savanna has been telling everyone that the little girl Niamh (and pronounces it properly!) on the fridge is her little sister and is in hospital!

Well you should have seen her delight to know that she has finally come home, and proceeded to tell the neighbour that her little sister Niamh is home from hospital!! LOL What a way to confuse the neighbours!

She does belong to us all in a way, she is in all of our hearts and I look forward to reading her (possibly not so frequent!) updates from now on.

Love to you all

Janey xxxx