Thursday 8 May 2008

Thursday 8th May Day 92


Niamh did really well again breastfeeding today. She was alert and awake and ready for it! The ladies from the Pipin trial that she is on came and measured her today, she is 42cm long and her head is 30.9cm. She is a big girl :) She has now moved back out of her room and into her original spot next to her little friend as they needed the room for islolation.

Niamh is having her eye test again tomorrow so I am going to try and get in as early as possible. Fingers crossed its ok! We also saw her doctor today who said that she would (possibly, all being well) in two weeks! It seems so quick now! On Monday, she is having her two month (!!) immunisations and then will come off the caffeine a couple of days later (Caffeine helps her breathe by stimulating the part of her brain that triggers breaths), then off the monitors and hopefully off the oxygen. That will be so scary! She had a brady today when I fed her and went quite blue for a moment, Im worried I wont notice them so much without the alarms, but then the alarms were switched off and I did notice it so I should be ok. I rubbed her chest and stimulated her and she was ok again, poor little thing. Didnt affect her eating though lol!

Thats all for now, must go to bed as I have an early start tomorrow, night all. Will post photos tomorrow as well.


No comments: