Wednesday 2 April 2008

Wednesday 2nd April

Well our baby girl has been good overnight, she has put on 70g again which is great but could be some fluid as she is looking a little puffy. They have given her a diuretic to see if that makes a difference and will also take some bloods today to rule out infection. I can't wait to see her tonight!

We have been asked to do a photo shoot for the new 'Fragile Beginnings' booklet. This is an information booklet given to parents in the NICU or SCBU. Its quite exciting! They also want a photo of Niamh to put up in the corridor which is great :) It will be really good to show her these things when she is older.

Bailey and I made Gingerbread men this morning, he loves them! They turned out really well :) I wanted to make crispy crackles for a change, but he was adament he wanted "Chincher bread men" lol Its nice to have a day at home trying to catch up and spending time with Bailey.

I can't believe this blog has over 9000 hits in just 7 weeks! I think I started it when Niamh was 1 week old. She is two months tomorrow too! That has flown by!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We went to see Niamh tonight and she was so active! She has been lifting her head up and changing sides! We managed to get some on video too ;) Niamh was given a diuretic earlier to reduce the fluid and she passed 50ml of urine which is great. That should help her. Her milk has gone up to 9ml/hour! I remember when she was on 1ml! I spoke to her doctor today. The plan is to gradually reduce the amount of pressure she has on optiflow and get her off it and then hopefully graduate to SCBU! This might happen in the next couple of weeks all being well. It feels like we are starting to get somewhere now.

I noticed that her ears are starting to look more real now lol, they were paper thin and stuck to her head but in the last two days they have come away from her head and feel thicker, like proper ears!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Niamh is such a star.

Thank you so much for sharing her journey, it has been so heartwarming to watch her grow.

I am just a stranger from EB, but am also a premmie mum, just wanted to own responsibility for at least some of those 9000 hits LOL!!

MB.

Anonymous said...

Hey Siobhan,

I check in here at least once a day, so I'll claim some of those 9000 hits too!

Niamh is doing wondeful! I love seeing the photos of her, she has changed a lot in the last few weeks. You must be so proud of her and yourself.

How are you doing?

Good to hear you got to spend some time with Bailey.

Sara

lolliegirl said...

Awwwwwww.. Our very own superstar! I am not surprised at all really. She is just so adorable, who WOULDN'T want her to be in their booklet and on their wall! She even has her own special place up on my wall ;). She is really stacking on the weight too which is super!

LOL @ chincher bread men! were they yummy? (what is a crispy crackle?)

Anonymous said...

I seen the link on EB too and I havent been able to go two days without reading your blog on that beautiful daughter of yours. I have a daughter of my own and a close friend who had a very ealry baby too. I think she Niamh is such a little fighter. She is doing so well. And well done to you keeping this blog so upto date. Its going to be great when you can all look back on it in years to come.

Bee

Anonymous said...

Hi Siobhan,

I first started following little Niamh's story when I read her birth on EB. Just three weeks ago my cousin gave birth to her little girl, Ivy at just 27 weeks. While she has had her ups & downs she is stable and growing which is all you can ask for. Reading your daily blog has been an inspiration and has helped me to understand what baby Ivy's parents are dealing with. I'm sure you have your moments but you appear to be such a positive, strong woman and are taking all this in your stride, with what must be an extremely challenging time. I wish you & your family all the best and can't wait for the day I read that you are taking your precious girl home.

All the best.

Kellie

Anonymous said...

awww Siobhan!

That video is gorgeous!

Siobhan Royle said...

Thank you for your comments.

Angel, A crispy crackle is a little rice bubble cake (rice bubbles,chocolate,copha all melted) Mmmmmm!

Bee, thanks for reading :) I plan to print all this out and keep in a folder. I dont know if I would ever sit and read it through again, but it will be good for Niamh to see. We also keep a paper diary for her which her daddy mostly does. He prints out photos too.

Kellie Congratulations to your cousin, I wish her all the best and understand some of what she must be going through. Ivy is a pretty name!