Friday 25 April 2008

Anzac Day 25th April 2008



Niamh is a NICU graduate and is moving to SCBU this afternoon!!! I can't believe, it feels like it has flown by and we are definitely on the home straight now. I was feeling like we would never get out of there! Im very excited :)

I had a cuddle with her today and she had no oxygen at all, she had a brady towards the end of the cuddle because she was getting tired I think, but other than that she was great.

Anthony did her cares today and as we had to take Bailey, he took him to the playground so I could have a cuddle. Anthony is still a bit snuffly so hopefully next time he can have a cuddle.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Niamh has now moved across and is doing well. Still the odd brady and desat so her oxygen was put up to 24% but has moved down to 22%. They were about to weigh her but we will find out tomorrow what the result was. Here are a couple of pics from today, Niamh loves her daddy! Look at that smile. We also had a friend visit today which was lovely, thank you :) Niamh smiled quite a lot then too! Cheeky girl :)

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh Bonnie, this is the best news, I am so happy for you guys. On the home stretch now.
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the good news! I bet your all so excited :)

Wow look how big she's got. hardly recognise her with that double chin! Just beautiful, and YAY to a normal brain scan!!!

Looking forward to more pics of her in SCBU :D

Jobear
xxx

Carolyn said...

WooHoo! :):)

Anonymous said...

oh Bon I have tears in my eyes, how wonderful for you guys that Niamh is doing so well. She is such a chuuba! Just gorgeous! Ella looked at those pics and said Niamh is a fatso like Georgie - now THAT'S saying something!!!

Love to you all


Mish
xoxox

Anonymous said...

Great news Siobhan!!

I agree with the other girls that said Niamh has lost that preemie look. She looks so much bigger and healthier.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...

I am literally crying tears of joy for you all.

That is just wonderful news.

She will be home before you know it.

Congratulations big special care girl!

Anonymous said...

OMG what a strong little girl u have. I have been reading about Niamh snice she was born and u started this blog. At the time i was 22 weeks preg and i cryed so much. Now watching her go into the nursey is amazing and yes i'm crying now :D. Congrats big strong girl.

Leoni said...

Holy cow Bon, that is fantastic news!!!!! Light at the end of the tunnel HERE WE COME!!!!!!!
Love the pic of her smiling, me thinks you are going to have your hands full with that one ;-) Perhaps we should dub her "Little miss trouble" rofl

Well you've made my day!
Hugs to you all,
Leoni
xxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Great photo!!! What a beautiful smile Niamh has :)

Sarah Elsegood x

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous gorgeous smile!!