Friday 11 April 2008

Friday 11th April

I can hold you in the palm of my hand!


Niamh was really good today, she lost 60g overnight which hopefully was all the fluid she was hanging on to. Her optiflow pressure has been reduced to 4 as well. Her body was working too hard to move the fluid before so it couldnt be reduced so now, hopefully she will cope well with it. Once she is weaned off the optiflow (and once it is down to 2 she is more or less weaned as it doesnt go any lower) she will just be on pure oxygen. We are hoping that in a week or two she will be able to maintain her temperature enough to go into an open cot. She is doing pretty well at that though which I hadnt even noticed! Her cot temp used to be 'Queensland' i.e. a sunny 37c but now its down to 26c and she can maintain herself pretty well. I am also hoping to be able to bath her soon as well. The poor darling was a bit wiffy today, from all the humidity and lack of water near her it was inevitable. It will be nice to spruce her up though :)

I had another very nice cuddle with her today skin to skin and she slept the whole time! A bit of an arty photo today, dont look too closely though, Im still working out Photoshop lol!

I forgot to add that I went to Central Markets after the hospital today to treat Bailey to a babycino and a gingerbread man. The lady I always buy Baileys little sausages from was so lovely, we hadnt seen each other for a while as I dont get the opportunity to go there much anymore, but she said that having babies obviously agreed with me as I looked radiant! I have to admit, I wasn't feeling radiant, but she brought tears to my eyes! Very kind, or is that blind? Rofl!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bon she is just doing so incredibly well, as are you. It's just so amazing. I cannot wait to meet darling Niamh come January. What beautiful photos xoxoxox

Leoni said...

Yay, can finally leave a comment...

Bon, she is looking so scrummy, my oh my how she has grown. She is making me uber clucky! I cannot believe you are talking about bathing her and that she will be in an open cot soon, OMG how things have chaged over the past few weeks.

Anyway, a big yay to Niamh for reaching 32 weeks today. Incredible is one word that comes to mind. I cannot believe that you are 8 weeks away from your EDD!!!! So I hope you are getting the nursery ready, coz she will be home before you know it!

Anyway, once again, you are doing an INCREDIBLE job Bon, I stand in amazement when I read your posts. You should be incredibly proud of what you have achieved in the past 9 weeks. I will certainly nominate YOU for the mummy of th year award, you deserve it.

Take care hun,
cheers,
Leoni

xxxxxx