Wednesday 23 April 2008

Wednesday 23rd April






Niamh put on another whopping 50 grams overnight! She now weighs 1.88kg and has tripled her birthweight comfortably in 11 weeks. Can you imagine a newborn tripling its' birthweight in 11 weeks? It would be the size of a 2 year old!!

I am really hoping we wil hear those magic words soon "SCBU" :) Niamh is on oxygen cot at the moment, about 22/23% last time I heard, Air is 21% so it really is minimal. Im hoping it won't be long and she will come off that and can go into an open cot as she is. Otherwise she will need an intranasal tube which is like the optiflow tube but with the prongs snipped off. So more tape on her face!

Anyway, I will be there this afternoon and Anthony and I will go back in this evening as well.

I went to the doctors by the way and Im fine! Just run down I think, waste of time really!

6 comments:

Nae said...

Wow, she is just gorgeous! She is looking so healthy Siobhan!!

Anonymous said...

Look at that precious gorgeous girl..

I can't believe she is nearly 2kgs. What a porker.

And you know what... these last fews will fly.

Have they spoken about trying suck feeds any time soon?

I can't believe she is only on air. What a little champion.

Every day she brings the biggest smile to my face. She is amazing.

Awesome work as usual!

Emma said...

Niamh is gorgeous! It must be so nice for you to be able to see more of her face now.

Anonymous said...

She is amazing!! And talk about gorgeous, she gets more beautiful everyday!

Hang in there darl, you've been so strong to come this far, your over half way there now!!

**hugs**

xxx

Anonymous said...

Wow Siobhan, she is doing so well. She looks amazing in these pics. How wonderful to be down to one little tube!

Good luck with all her tests & results!

Anonymous said...

Wow!

A lurker here from EB. I can't believe how big and gorgeous your little girl is.

Too adorable. I hope the next few weeks fly past for you