Friday 18 April 2008

Friday 18th April


What a hectic day! Anthony had a work lunch in the city today, so I dropped him off at work before going to the hospital. That way he could enjoy the drinks and catch a train home. It was quiet in the NICU today, but a good atmosphere. One of the nurses was leaving to travel and had brought in cake :) Then one of the mums brought in a huge box of cakes too :) They went down very well!

Niamh has put on another 30g and weighs a whopping 1.6kg! She is steaming ahead now, and is apparently due to go into an open cot on Monday! Our baby girl is growing up :) She looked very comfortable all wrapped up and holding her dummy. Niamh is growing out of so many of her clothes now, they all look so teeny tiny. Its incredible to think that she was wearing them and that they were huge on her!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've just looked through your wonderful blog for your precious daughter via a link off EB. I just wanted to say congratulations on your beautiful darling. Her early photos remind me so much of my son. He was a very similiar size, at 618g, but his head was larger at 23cm. He is now 13 months and a very hefty 6.4 kg! He also had a few more weeks gestation on his side at 27 weeks. Anyway, I just want you to know, I think your blog for her is beautiful and what a little champion she is.

Nae said...

I just wanted to say, It's so good to see that Niamh is doing so so well! She is looking more and more beautiful everyday!! I hope you keep this blog going for many years to come, she has truly captured mine and i'm sure many others, hearts.

Siobhan Royle said...

Thankyou for your lovely comments. It would be interesting to keep this going and to look back on it as well. Thanks :)