Friday 4 April 2008

Friday 4th April


I have good news!! Niamh had her eyes checked for the first time today and there were all fine!!! I must admit I am amazed, I was kind of expecting there to be some doubt due to her age and prematurity, but nope, all good!! Hooray! I had tears of joy in my eyes :) She will have a repeat check in two weeks so fingers crossed that one is good too.

Her feeds have gone up to 9.5ml an hour now and apart from being a bit cold from being outside the isolette for the eye test she is doing really well. She lost 10g overnight but shes allowed to do that, she does have a double chin lol!

A friend came in to visit today, thank you Philly! Look at these beautiful photos she took! Thank you so much, I love them!





Bailey also asked to come and say 'Hayoh" so I took him up briefly before we left. He was really tired and cranky but still managed to shout his usual greeting! (Hayoh, im your big bruvver). He passed out as soon as we were in the car!

4 comments:

Philly said...

I'm so glad you like the photos :)

It was a delight to see you again and to meet Niamh who is just adorable!

Anonymous said...

Hi Bonnie,

The photos (and Niamh of course !) are wonderful. Gee she's doing so amazingly well and growing so fast. Bailey is very, very cute - hope that his poor head heals up quickly.

Take care lovely,

Jo xxx

Emma said...

Hello, I'm a fellow Adelaide EBer and I've been following Niamh's story for a while now - but this is my first post. I just wanted to express my admiration for you in coping so well, and for Niamh. She is coming along amazingly!

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful result with her eyes!! She is doing so incredibly well isn't she!? Glad your boys had a good day too :)