Tuesday 22 April 2008

Tuesday 22nd April

Niamh is off Optiflow!! So far so good! She is now on minimal cot oxygen and the only tube she has is her feeding tube. I cant wait to see her beautiful little face tomorrow. Still no news on the cultures from her finger but it looks much better. Her eye test seems to be ok too which is a relief but she will still have another check up in a fortnight. Should hopefully have some brain scan results soon too.

Sorry about the short and sweet post, its good news though! I feel like Im hitting that wall again, I dont know why when all the news is positive, but after 11 weeks, Im tired and just want to bring home my baby girl. Its still about 5/6 weeks to go which in the scheme of things is not too long, but its still 5/6 weeks! Im preparing myself for about 7 weeks, that way I won't be disappointed. Im sick of it all, everything, but I can only think of our miraculous girl and take heart from her strength and fighting spririt. Shes amazing!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bon fantastic news about Niamh coming off the optiflow!!!! Good luck woth all the test results today. 7 weeks, well you are over halfway there xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Leoni said...

Wow Bon, that is AMAZING!!! I know 7 weeks sounds long and it will probably drag by for you but I am sure you have plenty to do before Miamh comes home. Is the nursery complete yet?

Wonderful news about the weight gain and weaning off the O2, she's doing a fab job, our Niamh.

Anyway, hang in there hun, 7 more weeks before you get to join the sleepless nights brigade lol I'll join you shortly after ;-)

cheers,
Leoni
xxxxx

~Shibley~ said...

Well done to Niamh for coming off the optiflow!! Such wonderful news to hear :-D And her weight!!!! What a star she is! (I need emoticons in here, going to end up with too many exclamation marks!)

Glad to hear there's no nasty bug brewing for you too Bon, hope you are feeling back on top of things quickly, take care xxx