Tuesday 8 April 2008

Tuesday 8th April



Edited to add: Thankyou Nanny Royle for the beautiful hat handknitted with love and the cute jumpsuit! Niamh is getting so big she is almost outgrowing it, but she has loved wearing it!



Sorry for the late entry! All is well, nothing has changed actually! Niamh gained 10g and that was it. She had her photo taken today which went well. She was very compliant and seemed to sleep through the whole thing. We got to have a cuddle too which was nice. Im feeling a bit detached from it all today, not sure why, I think its just because its been 9 weeks now, and it still seems such a long time to go. Im drained of so many emotions that I can't even keep track of how Im feeling. I think Im ok, just disconnected. It doesnt help when my brain fails me and I blurt things out that should stay firmly in my head, I keep calling people the wrong names and saying things that should just be thought lol!Oh well, take me as you find me I guess.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Siobhan I just can't get over how much Niamh has grown!! She is really filling out and looks happy and content.

Its really not surprising that you are feeling so exhausted. Just going in to see someone in hospital every day is exhausting, let alone dealing with the added emotions of pregnancy, a baby who you have had to "share" with all and sundry, and also trying to manage a family and another young child (I'm exhausted just thinking about it).

Take care of yourself - you are doing an amazing job.

Michelle xx

Soph said...

Oh matey - you do sound rather down atm. Can't imagine the emotional, physical and mental toll this is having on you all. 9 weeks! I can't believe it has been that long, but I am sure you have felt every one of those weeks.
On the upside - Niamh is looking just GORGEOUS as usual and sooo chubby!! I showed Megan her pic today and she even commented on how big she was now...she even made me scroll back to the first entries so she could show her friend how tiny Niamh was in the beginning.

Wish I could help you out Binbin or at least give you a big squeeze - sounds like you really need it atm. Hang in there...every day is a step closer to having Nimah home with you xoxo