Monday 21 April 2008

Monday 21st April

5.52am Up early today. Had to express so I phoned for an update. Niamh was quite settled with nothing to report. Her finger wasn't mentioned as any concern at handover so I will see today when I go if it has changed at all. I have a friend coming to visit today. Im going to go to the doctors on the way as my chest feels a bit tight. I want to jump on any infection quickly if there is one.

Back later :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im back! Well, Niamh isnt going in an open cot just yet. The doctors don't think she is quite ready which is fair enough, they definitely know best :) Good news on the optiflow though, it got turned down to 2. She was having a few bradys but will hopefully settle. The first 24 hours are the most important apparently. Niamh had another eye check and although Im unsure of the results they seem to be ok as far as I can tell but still needs another one in two weeks. She also had a brain scan and I will know the results in a few days. Lots has happened today hasn't it?

Niamhs finger is looking better, it definitely didn't look any worse so fingers crossed it was just a localised thing. I will put photos up tomorrow, I had a friend visit today who took a couple of lovely shots so she may let me put them up :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just popping in to wish you well with Niamh little finger and you, I hope your feeling better soon...

I was so excited to see her weight she has past triple her birth weight..YAY!!!!

I'm still checking everyday and can't belive how much she has grown.....It just amazing....

Love Anna

Saskia said...

Binnie

I hope that you are OK, all that stress and worrying must surely take a toll on your health too, so make sure you take it easy.

I hope Niamh's finger is ok as well poor mite.

I am very excited about all the changes happening, the open cot, the reduced vents and O2's and even the prospect of a home date, Mwah!

Now for the fat farm....

Thinking of you constantly.

Sas xx

Anonymous said...

I'm just a stranger from EB that has been keeping track of Niamh progress as I am currently 31 weeks pregnant.

It's hard to beleive she is 3 times her birth weight!

Way to go Niamh

Anonymous said...

Hope little Niamh's finger is okay and that you are okay too...

Have also been checking in daily to see how you are all doing...Niamh is one lucky girl to have such strong loving parents. She is a fighter thats for sure... and doing so well :)

Jo
xxx

Anonymous said...

OMG, what a little fatty she is now!!!! I can almost see a double chin. And she is oh-so close to 2kgs!!
Hope all is ok with her finger and that you aren't getting sick.
I also hope you are beginning to see the end of this Rollercoaster ride.
Sam (yosemiteSam) xxxx

Anonymous said...

can't believe Niamh is eyeing off the 2kg mark. What a porker! LOL!

Tan