Wednesday 19 March 2008

Wednesday 19th March

Another good day for Niamh. She has been quite stable with only a few desats. She seems to recover quite quickly which is good. She was weighed and measured again today which was all good. Milk has gone up to 6.5ml/hour which she is tolerating well. Her little cheeks look much chubbier to us now, I cant believe she is almost in the kilo club!!! I might get her Twinkle Toes cast done soon, she had to be over 800g so it should be alright now.

We rode the motorbike tonight which made a nice change, I hadn't been on it for years!! We have a cool change here now thank goodness. Adelaide just broke its own heat record which was 9 days over 35c. It was something like 15 days nearer 40c. Scorching! It only happens once in 3000 years!!! I was getting used to it I think and didnt mind it too much!

Back in to see Niamh in the morning, so going to sleep now. Will upload photos tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, can't believe little Niamh is growing so fast. Very exciting that she's nearly in the 1kg club.

Hope that you're taking care of yourself Bonnie.

Love,

Jo xxx

Saskia said...

Ohhhhhhhh eeeeeeeeeee nearly a ton!

I was watching the weight closely to see when the big KILO party was going to happen!

Congrats on her success so far Bonnie, she is doing fabulously well, I saw the photos after a week off-line and she looks so different to me just after a week, literally growing before my eyes!

Love to you

Sas xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Siobhan,

I work with Anthony who gave me the link to see your daily blog.
I have become completly hooked and every couple of days I hop on to see how litle Niamh is doing. It's so great to see she is getting better on a daily basis. Her plight has really touched me.I think your blog is just fantastic ( no doubt very cathartic for you too! ) and you seem to be coping so well, I really applaud you. I look forward to reading/seeing Niamh getting stronger and going home asap!

All the best
Emma.