Saturday 15 March 2008

Saturday 15th March



Our Tiny Treasure has been up and down over night again. The doctors have just done their rounds and have upped the chloral to keep her nice and calm. Little rascal has been wriggling around! She is looking good, her skin colour etc, but they took bloods to see if she does have an infection. Fingers crossed she doesn't. They will be weighing her again tonight so I hope she has put more weight on or at least kept on what she has already gained. She is still tolerating 5.5ml/hour of milk which is great.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just spoken to Niamh's nurse for the evening. She has slept for 6.5 hours and has been fairly stable which is great. She has even moved into new digs! NICU 2 ward. I havent seen it yet, but there are only 6 beds and they each have curtains that pull round for more privacy. Its supposed to be more like a hotel so it sounds good. We have a friend over there already too so I will know someone over there. It means I wont see our other new friends though as you dont tend to go 'visiting' unfortunately. Ah well, thats what coffee mornings are for.

We saw Niamh today and she looked so sweet. She doesnt have an infection thank God, she was borderline. She wont be weighed until overnight so an update on that in the morning. I should get some more domperidone in the morning to help my milk supply as that has dropped right off since stopping it.



13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Siobhan, Have been keeping up with Niamh's progress daily - each day with a little flutter in my tummy waiting to hear how she is. Its even more poignant when I can hear my own child happily chatting to herself in her cot in the next room.

You are never far from my thoughts and you would be quite amazed at just how many people know about you and your family and who are sending all of their blessings, prayers and positive messages to you all.

Your daughter is growing so much! And the fact that she is a wriggler seems to me to be testiment to just how much of a strong will she has. I have a feeling she may get that from her mummy!

You are an amazing person, and if your daughter has one ounce of your spirit (and it certainly sounds like she has) then she will be just fine.

We are sending you and your family all of our strength, positive energy and blessings.

Michelle xx

Anonymous said...

Bon, I am so extremely happy that Niamh has out on so much weight!!! That is so great!! Fingers crossed there is no infection. xoxoxox

Soph said...

Cheeky little minx isn't she? :) Weight gain is great!! Really hope she doesn't have an infection. Need a few stabler days for you all to catch your breath a bit me thinks!
xoxoxo

Michelle said...

Bonnie, I think Niamh is famous. I have sent her blog link to all my friends, she is so precious
xxxxx take care of yourself

Siobhan Royle said...

Lol Mich, I think she is too!

Thank you once again for all your lovely comments. I really need to hear them at the moment, havent been feeling too flash.

Love you girls xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Bon.

Just Caroline from EB again.

In regards to your supply, have you tried Fenugreek?

Domperidone is wonderful (it worked for me with my premmie - I exclusively expressed for 14 months). Maybe you could use both in conjunction with eachother as one is natural whereas Domperidone is a drug.

You get the Fenugreek tablets from a chemist.

Wouldn't hurt!

Glad to hear she had a nice sleep. Look forward to seeing her weigh tomorrow morning.

If you ever need to chat to a premmie mum who has been there and has gotten through it, PM me on EB. ~*Caroline*~ is my username.

You are doing great Bon..

Caroline X

Siobhan Royle said...

Thanks Caroline! I have heard of fenugreek and have been searching the supermarkets for the seeds, apparently they are just as good. I may cave and buy the tablets instead though. I recommended it to another mum in there and she got hold of some! I was just about to research the dose again and you reminded me so thanks :) I cannot imagine expressing for 14 weeks, let alone 14 months! Im finding it mentally very challenging. I may just pm you one day, thank you! :)

lolliegirl said...

Glad there was no infection. Let's hope it stays that way! Her new 'pad' sounds noice! Hope you can get your milk supply back up.

Love to you all..

B...

Unknown said...

Hi Siobhan, glad to see how well Niamh's doing!

A friend who is due on the same day as me mentioned your site - we're both due on the 5th June too! It's just so weird seeing what my baby must look like inside me...

Katharine

Leoni said...

Hi Bon,

Oh so glad to hear our itty bitty was more stable and had to lol at the wriggling. Gorgeous pics as usual, she is adorable. Hmmm so she's moved to a new ward huh, like a hotel room, does it have foxtel and room service lol

Re: The fenugreek seeds, Indian shop sweets, they have BAGS of the stuff, I use it in my cooking. I knew being married to an Indian would come in handy one day ;-) Its natural non processed fenugreek.

Hope you are feeling better too, getting some rest and having some "me" time I hope! Niamh is doing very well Bon, soon this will all be a distant memeory when she's home with you and your family.

Keep your chin up.
Cheers,
Leoni
xxxxx

Soph said...

Thank gawd there was no infection found :) New digs sound noice - more of a chance for quiet time with mummy, daddy and Bailey. Looking forward to finding out here stats tonight :)

xoxo

Siobhan Royle said...

Quiet time? With Bailey? Can I have some of what you are on Hops?!

ROFL xxxxxxx

Soph said...

PMSL - must have been those homemade cookies of moine *lmao*