Monday 10 March 2008

Monday 10th March

Cuddles!


Niamh is doing so much better then she was, she is still on the anti-biotics but just until this evening. Niamh is back up to 4mls/hour feeds again and is coping with it well. They have taken some bloods as well so we should have the results of those tomorrow. Im not sure exactly what they are checking for but will find out. I expect one of the tests is her haemoglobin levels, Niamh's levels were low the other day and she had another blood transfusion on Saturday I believe. I think I am correct in saying that she has only 50/60mls blood in her whole body and they take about 9mls every time they do a blood test, which is basically everyday. No wonder she gets anaemic!



Look to the left for her weight gain! She is doing so well :)

It was so good to get a cuddle today! We had a skin to skin cuddle which was lovely ( (I think thats called Kangaroo Care). She is so tiny, we just popped her down my top! We sat there for about an hour and I got to kiss her head a lot ;) It was wonderful. The beautiful pink top she is wearing in the photos today is the one that my friend Brooke sent. The size is 800g upwards, but fits her perfectly! Thanks ;)





We also got some gorgeous clothes from Anthony's sister today, thank you so much, they are gorgeous! I will post pics of those tomorrow now.



.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i just wanted to come out of the closet and say hi...i have been following your little girl and she brings tears of such happyness to me...she is such a strong little girl...

Rachael from EB kak 4kiddiesandmum

Anonymous said...

Oh Bon, what beautiful footage to have on video! Off to wipe the tears of happiness away now xoxox

Soph said...

Awwww look at her clinging on to mummies finger :D Such a sweet little gal! Bet she loved being all snuggled up with you too Bin xoxo

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS!!

Down your top hehe the ULTIMATE in baby wearing :-P