Wednesday 20 February 2008

Wednesday 20th February

Morning! I think its all caught up with me today and my adrenaline has run out! I am so tired I just cant get going. Bailey was up at 5.30am this morning which was fun! I did a pump and then went back to bed leaving him watching his very boring steam train video. Then Tony had to get up for work and by the time he had left, Bailey was back in bed asleep!! I thought I may as well go for a lay down too so had a bit of a nap.

We are going to see Niamh this evening so thought it would be good to have a break from the daily marathon today. We are just going to take it easy.

I just phoned for an update and all is well. She has been a little darling. They have upped her feeds to 1.5ml/hour of milk and so far she is tolerating it. Not much else to say at this point.

I have got so many emails from people, sometimes up to 15 a day and Im sorry I havent replied, but I really appreciate them. A question I have been asked and havent really mentioned here is how is Bailey coping? Well, remarkably well actually :) He is a star! He seems to really like the creche here and is happy to go. He even had a sleep one day so must be relaxed. At first he was a little out of sorts, I was in hospital and he was coming in with Tony everyday to see me. He wasn't getting his arvo sleep or having his usual routine and when I first came home he was showing signs of being a bit insecure. We showered him with lots of love and attention, went completely overboard lol, but it seems to have worked and now hes back to being 'Bailey'. We have tried as much as possible to keep his normal routine with playgroup, childcare and Kindergym so as not to disrupt him too much.

Time to read him a story...

Just been to the hospital, Niamh had been good, but decided to play up a bit for us! She soon settled down though and seemed to prefer being on her tummy. She loved her new hat and booties, and I will post a pic tomorrow. Right now I need sleep!

Photo as promised:

9 comments:

Leoni said...

Hi Bon-bon,

Hope you enjoyed some "me" time with Bailey today and I certainly hope you got to sneak in a nap or two. Any wonder you are feeling tired, I think your body is trying to tell you something.

Good to hear its going well with itty bitty giddy diddy, sounds like she has the hospital staff wrapped around her tiny finger, little minx.

Anyway, you take care and big kiss to Naimh.
cheers,
Leoni
xxxxx

Soph said...

I think a 'day off' such as you had this morning is just what you needed. Hopefully it will give you a bit of a boost :) Glad to hear Bailey is going so well. You have doen so well keeping him in a routine etc, and it has obviously done the trick. Big kisses and hugs to Niamh when you see her tonight xoxo

Anonymous said...

Good on you for taking it easy today Bon, nobody can do everything! Looking forward to tonight's update.

Much love,

Mish
xoxoxo

Kyla said...

Thanks so much for the birth announcement Bon. I appreciate it and she looks just gorgeous.
Glad Bailey is coping well with everything too.
Kyla

Siobhan Royle said...

Your welcome Kyla, thanks for taking the time to comment on the blog. Hope alls well with you and yours. xx

Brooke said...

Great to hear Niamh is doing so well, and that Bailey is still happy and relaxed.
I am glad you took it easy today, and you have my thoughts and prayers.

Soph said...

Cheeky little bitty playing up for mummy and daddy - sign of things to come? ;-) Can't wait to see the pics tomorrow - hope you get a good nights rest xoxoxo

Natalie said...

Hope you are well rested after (hopefully) a good nights sleep. I remember how hard it was trying to go to and from the hospital with Hollie, never mind trying to juggle another child.

You are doing an awesome job !

Philly said...

What a fighter you have there! I hope you got your much needed rest Siobhan.

Thinking of you xoxo