Thursday 14 February 2008

Valentines Day

Just a quick morning update. I just phoned the NICU as we are struggling to get there early again. There is washing to do and Tony was so happy sleeping I let him have a good lay in. The nurse I spoke to was so lovely, she said that our daughter is gorgeous and has a great night! She is comfy and stable and all tucked up. They didnt need to touch her at all which is great news. She will receive a blood transfusion this morning to boost her red cell count (her 3rd) but thats fairly normal. They have reduced her ventilation and she is triggering her own breaths which is fantastic.

Im so teary today, up and down like a blooming yo-yo! A photographer friend of mine has arranged for a volunteer photographer to come and take Niamh's picture. It is a volunteer organisation that I believe takes photos of premature babies and still born babies. I must find out more about it! Her name is Kate and she sounded really lovely on the phone, I even had a blub cause its that kind of day!

Got to go, back later.

4 comments:

Leoni said...

Sounds wonderful Bon, glad things are going so well. Hope Tony enjoyed his sleep in ;-)

The photo idea is great, can't wait to see the pics, mind you the pics below are just as gorgeous. She looks super comfy on her tummy.

Hope you can get some rest soon, I say pass the washing to someone else, there's plenty of volenteers willing to help you in SA. Don't forget to "LET" your friends help you, that is what they are there for as you are NOT super Bonnie!
;-)

Big hugs to you all,
cheers,
Leoni

Soph said...

Niamh does look so comfy snuggled on her tummy :) So glad to hear she has had a good night.
Also re: the washing etc - do take up offers of help if you need to. I just don't want you to burn out. Hey send the washing up here - I'll do it for ya ;-) You know how long it takes me to fold though, so you might need to buy a new wardrobe in the meantime!

Get some rest matey & big hugs to Bailey xoxo

Saskia said...

awwwwwwwwwww, she looks so cosy there on her tummy with her legs tucked up!

And her hair is so dark! Its the first time I have seen her with no hat!

Gorgeous! happy valentines day Bon, hope you get some rest and recovery time soon.

sas xx

NatR said...

Hey Bon, I know im not arund the PC much these days but I just want you to know IM thinking of you and your gorgeous little girl each day. She is absolutely adorable.

Please try get some rest, I can onlyimagine how hard it must be, but you are all doing a wonderful job.

Hugs to your beautiful girl.