Friday 15 February 2008

Friday 15th February 2008

Our lovable beauty is now one week old and one day! Everyone is astounded she has made it this far. She is doing really well with no major dramas. They have now changed the milk to .5ml an hour and I believe they are increasing it later this evening. We are waiting for her blood cultures to come back tomorrow to see if she has any infection, hopefully she doesn't!

Feeling very,very drained. This is exhausting! We managed to spend most of the day there today which was fantastic. When we got there, the creche was full which was very unfortunate and we had to have Bailey with us. This only lasted a short time as he was very restless. Tony took him to the playground so I could spend time with Niamh which was great. Then I had to express and already it was lunch time as between 1-2pm is doctors rounds/quiet time and we are not allowed to visit. Luckily we got Bailey in the creche just before so we could eat in peace and then had over an hour with Niamh! Bliss :)

She had tummy time this morning and was then turned over. She is back under the lights as her jaundice was up a little again. Father Kevin came and visited twice today, he is so sweet!

Thank you everyone who is sending their warm wishes through comments on here, texts and emails. I cant tell you how much it means to know you are thinking of us all and supporting our little miracle. Im sorry I cant always reply, I usually do chat to you in my head as I read and I do intend to get back to you by email! I know you dont expect me to though, so its all good :)

I told our nurses today, Sue and Linda that Niamh has her own blog and we have people in Australia, New Zealand, UK and even Switzerland reading about her! She is a popular little girl already :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Another fabulous update!!!

Go Niamh, go!

SusannahJ said...

Wonderful to read Niamh's brilliant progress :) I can only imagine how drained you must all be feeling. Take care!! Wish I could send you some energy/pick me up to keep you going!!!

Natalie said...

this is such fantastic news, so glad she has had another great day. What a little trooper she is.

Nat D.

Carolyn said...

Thank you for updating us again. she sounds like she is doing so well. What a strong little girl she is!

Anonymous said...

Bon this is all fabulous news! Such great progress, I look forward to the next update xox

Life wasn't MEANT to be Easy (so they say)... said...

Hi Siobhan / Bonnie (you don't know me, but l read about the birth of your DD on EB), & had to send you my Wishes. I am Mum of Katie (MoK) & sadly lost my DD at 22 wks last yr. I Pray that Niamh will get Stronger every minute & everyday for you & your DH. She is absolutely Beautiful & definately a Little Fighter. xx

Siobhan Royle said...

Hi Mok,
Im so sorry you lost your precious daughter, I have got closer than most to being able to imagine what that would have felt like. Thank you for taking the time to write a comment here. Best wishes to you and yours xx