Saturday 16 February 2008

Saturday afternoon 16th February 2008



I got to hold her!!


It was so wonderful to hold her today, she is so tiny and was well bundled up. I even got to kiss her tiny little head for the first time! She was so precious and seemed to like it. She seemed to want to open her eyes, must be so frustrating for her not being able to see around her. It was great holding her and hopefully it will happen a little more often.

I just had to come back and edit this as in my excitement I forgot to put the reason we got to hold her! Niamh was weighed today! Babies usually lose 10% of their birthweight when they are born so that would have taken her down to 510g if she lost it exactly. She weighed 560g today which isnt bad, her head has grown and I think was 20.4cm and I think she was now 29.8 cm long. I will check with the nurses later and correct it if its wrong. Little trooper growing away!

3rd edit later lol! I also forgot to say that Niamh is back on milk! It was settling in her tummy but she did lots of poos while we were there! Tony changed her nappy and then literally 3 minutes later, I was changing it too! She had to be clean for the weigh in (Sounds like the biggest loser ha ha)! I think thats all I need to tell you now. Jelly brain is not working in the least today :)












9 comments:

Leoni said...

OMG Bon that is wonderful!!! Those photos made me very, very teary, I am so happy you got to hold her! Lovely family pics ;-)

cheers,
Leoni

Saskia said...

Oh Bon,

so wonderful to see you hold your little girl *sob sob*

Congratulations on such a milestone!

Sas xx

Unknown said...

Oh gosh Bon, I'm crying looking at those beautiful photos of you holding Niamh!! How wonderful that must have been.

Great news about her growth, wow, she's really showing eveyone just how fab she is, isn't she?!

And you look pretty wonderful too!

Soph said...

OMG - blubberguts here! Pass the kleenex! Those pics are just so special and beautiful and oh, I could rave forever. So glad you got some cuddles and that Niamh is letting go of some of that milk - and growing as well! What a star she is!! :D Have the biggest grin now - am so happy for you xoxooxox
Big kisses for Niamh and Bailey xoxooxo (oh and maybe a hug or two for you too ;) )

SusannahJ said...

Awww WOW!!! Those pics are amazing. Ack now I am all teary too.
So wonderful you got to hold and kiss your little girl :)

Anonymous said...

Another one in tears here Bon, just amazing, I have no other words!
xox

lolliegirl said...

OMG! can't talk.. too many tears. I just have to say that those photos have to be the most precious I have seen. Beautiful. I had the flip floppy sensation in my belly looking at them. You can just see the love generating from you to little Niamh.

Awwwwwwww... it's just so beautiful. Niamh is just beautiful. You are just so beautiful (You are! You gorgeous person, you!).

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...

Natalie said...

OMG OMG!!! You did get some cuddles!!!! I am so happy for you both! The photos are awesome!! Woo Hoo to cuddles!!

Nat D
xxx

Soph said...

Soppy bloody bunch of mates you got here Binbin :p You want to kick 'em up the butt and toughen them up ;-)