Tuesday 26 February 2008

Tuesday 26th February

Peekaboo!!



Went to see Niamh this morning, she has had a much better morning. She has now opened the other eye and was peering at me and reaching her arm out. She is so cute! They cant hear the heart murmour now so fingers crossed the duct has closed. She will still have the second dose of Indocid today. Edited to add: It seems a bit random re the murmour, some can hear it, some can't so we are to assume it is still open.

I washed her hair for her as it was looking so greasy poor little thing, I cleaned her eyes and changed her nappy. I love doing things for her, its not much, but it makes you feel useful. I took her new clothes in for her today, spent yesterday handwashing them and ironing them! Ironing took about 5 minutes, they are so tiny :) Also went for coffee morning again and met some new parents. They are all so friendly, its great to catch up and hear how their babies are going.

I came home to another parcel on the doorstep, this one is from a very good friend in Queensland, I have to show you these beautiful tops she has made for Niamh! Thank you Becci, you are very talented! I love them! I can't believe you found a NICU friendly pattern and made these so quick! I couldn't have chosen better fabric ;) I lurve red and white and cherries especially! I bought a gorgeous pair of white 'bloomers' for Niamh with red cherries all over them! It will be a while before she wears those though!


9 comments:

Saskia said...

great day Binnie!

Nice to see that she is doing better today, I have been worrying about her all night!

I love those 'peek-a-boo' pics too, how very sweet.

Thanks for the update

Sas xx

Anonymous said...

Those pics are amazing!! Look at her eyes open! That must have been a real thrill :) Brilliant news that she is doing so well today.

Gorgeous pressie from Becci too. Such a clever Giddy!

Soph said...

Another here who has been worried about Niamh overnight. So glad to read some more positive news and those pics are just too, too cute!!
Love the outfits from Nglea - so sweet! Well done Nlega! :D

NatR said...

Bon, those pics are awesome. Look at her beautiful eyes. Im gald that N is doing much beter today. Fingers crossed for you that the hole has closed up.

Nat

Leoni said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Bon, LOVE those pics!!! I can' believe she's now opened both eyes, too cute. Must confess it all made me very teary, but in a good way lol

Bec, you are a star, those tops look fab, nowonder you've been AWOL! Hey Bon, I bet Niamh will be the best looking preemie in the Souther Hemisphere lol Glad to hear she is doing much better today, here's praying that pesky hole stays CLOSED.

cheers,
Leoni

xxxxx

from the brain of jane said...

oh my goodness look at her beautiful face, and her eyes looking at the camera... Too gorgeous, made me teary too. So glad to hear she's doing better.

xx

Natalie said...

awwww those pics are fantastic, love them!!! So glad she is doing better today.

Tracie said...

So glad she had a good night. She's an absolute darling and it looks like she's going to be cheeky like her brother!

Can't wait for tomorrow's update

Tracie xx

Mrs Cheeky Nut said...

love reading your blogs - it's real inspiring to see how she is going. Good on you!

The pics are so fantastic, I certainly will be following your story!

on the side, mum sews clothes for SIDS and KIDS and we were really intrigued by those tops. Would your friend, by any chance, have that pattern for them???