Sunday 24 February 2008

Sunday 24th February

Niamh opened an eye!!!

Look closely, you can see her eye nearest the sheet is open!

Changing her nappy, look at those little chicken legs! :)



She looked so cute today, our little one eyed wonder :) She was looking as hard as she could at us with her tiny dark eye, can't wait until the other one opens up too. I did her cares today, wiped her eyes, tooke her temp, changed her nappy and repositioned her oxygen monitor. I also moisturised her arms and hands as they were looking a little dry. I brought her little hat and booties home to wash.

Did I mention I have sent off for Niamhs very own clothing lables? She has got so many clothes I thought we better lable them or they may get lost. I got small, iron on clothing dots with her name and a butterfly on in bright pink. Despite my earlier misgivings about all things pink, I have joined with armies of other mums with girls and fallen in love with the colour!! Look out!

Anthony is feeling much better today. He wasnt able to see Niamh on Thursday or Friday as he was feeling so rough, but yesterday and today he came to the hospital but just didnt touch her, just in case. Hopefully he will be able to have a cuddle with her next week!

We named Niamh's star today, it is in the Southern Cross constellation.

Unfortunately the little duct that we wanted to be closed and did close, had reopened and is causing her to fluctuate in her levels. Its highly usual for this to happen but frustrating all the same. I think the doctors may give her another dose of Indocid to see if it will close, but she may need the operation to close it. Again, this is a common procedure, but not one we really want her to have to go through. Niamhs milk has increased to 3.5ml/hour and has now been fortified with calories. She will start on the Pippin trial tomorrow. She was weighed overnight and has lost 10grams.

She looked so comfy when we left her, all warm and laying on her side, peering at us with her one open eye!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is sooooooooooooooooooooo cute!!!! She looks ADORABLE! So cosy! Hopefully Niamh doesn't have to have the operation xoxoxoxo

lolliegirl said...

AWwwwwwwwww.. I have tears again! How lovely that Niamh opened her eye. Awww.. Hopefully she wont have to have the operation. Glad to hear Tony is feeling better too. LOL @ you getting sucked in to the 'pink side' LOL!! It's a dangerous world over this side.. soooo many deliciously gorgeous clothes/toys/linen/hair accessories!!! You have been warned ;)

B...

Anonymous said...

awwww those pics are soooo lovely! She's really 'waking up'. How exciting!!!!!

Pink. Yes well it's all down hill from here!! There is NO stopping the pink thing and even if you try your little one will be demanding pink in no time ;-)

Siobhan I keep meaning to say I LOVE love love your writing style. I really enjoy reading your Niamh updates and especially the detail you put into them. Lovely :-) Often cause a tear though! (happy tears!)

Saskia said...

ohhhhh, so cute cute CUTE!

She is doing wonderfully well Binnie, you should be proud.

Oh, and I hear you on joining the 'other side'. I remember being so shocked at all the pink after I had Sahmara! I resisted the urge for so long, but she is 'pinkified' now all the way!

Sas xxx

Siobhan Royle said...

Lol Pinksters!

Soph said...

PInk, pink...I only had a very short lived run at that - Meg was born, I resisted for oh, about 5 mins...then I had a run of boys & that was my pink days over (Meg is in lurrrrve with Black now *lol*) - ENJOY it while you can ;-)
Fingers XX'd that Niamh shows her fighter strength once more and does not need the op. WHat an awesome thing for her to have her eye open :) Look out - she's watching everything now - picking it all up - I just know she will keep you on your toes in yrs to come :D

Take care now xoxo